Saturday 11 June 2011

Simple Plan ft. Rivers Cuomo - "Can't Keep My Hands Off You" [Song Review]

Click here or read below for my review of "Can't Keep My Hands Off You" by Simple Plan featuring Weezer front man, Rivers Cuomo. It was published on Pure Grain Audio.

Rating: 1 / 10

No, no, no. Just no. When Rivers Cuomo and his geek-rock band Weezer emerged in the early 90s the last thing we expected from him, was to team up with power-pop trash like Simple Plan almost twenty years later at the age of forty. As musicians age, their music is supposed to develop into a more mature or technically advanced sound - "Can't Keep My Hands Off You" is anything but. Cuomo only features for one verse, but the lyrics are so, so terrible. "My clothes are six months old but I don’t care, no no no I don’t notice." Come on Rivers, what were you thinking?

Sadly, "Can't Keep My Hands Off You' - the first single from new album Get Your Heart On! is just as awful as previous Simple Plan efforts. There was enough of throw away power-pop in the noughties and it needs to stop. Simple Plan's music is just as one dimensional as it always has been and the lyrics are dreadful: "Cuz on the street, or under the covers, we are stuck like two pieces of velcro." The song and indeed the band are one to avoid, at all costs.

written by Will Lyon

Run Time: 3:42
Release Date: 06.06.2011

Check out the song: "Can't Keep My Hands Off You"

No comments:

Post a Comment